Policy, Research, & Outreach (ETPRO) has a long history
within the College of Education. ETPRO was created to help facilitate
effective uses of technology to educators at all levels by providing
research-based applied curricular experiences in Instructional
Technology and Educational Technology Policy.
Educational Technology Policy, Research, & Outreach
extends the University of Maryland College of Education expertise
to you by providing opportunities focusing on the following areas:
- Consulting on curricular
design, development and evaluation is available.
- ETPRO assists with the infusion of assistive technology, and multicultural
and gender sensitive content into the curriculum.
- We provide advocacy
for effective and research based practices for learning and teaching
Evaluation and Assessment
- ETPRO specializes in program evaluation.
- ETPRO consults and assists with the assessment of student learning.
Research and Dissemination
- We support and provide research knowledge that advances education
- ETPRO disseminates research knowledge and information about learning
and teaching to the University faculty, academic administrators,
and the national higher educational community.
- ETPRO supports all teacher and administrator certification requirements.
- We collaborate with other colleges within the University of
Maryland system, other University offices and programs involved
in learning and teaching initiatives, and preK-12 schools throughout
- We partner with researchers and policy makers nationally and
- ETPRO acts as a liaison
between the school systems, businesses, and the university in
order to keep up with the needs and wants of the technology community.